- The academic session (2011-2012) at BBSU, Lyari will begin from September 5, 2011.
- The second (Spring) semester 2012 will begin from Jan 9, 2012.
- The academic session will start with an intake of 40 students per class or section.
- Teaching methodology will include lecture-discussions, use of multi-media, use of audio-visual aids,
- Distribution of handouts on topics discussed, individual counseling, group work, etc.
The academic session will commence with student orientation by the Deans of Faculties in which students will be introduced to the university rules and regulations, academic conduct of courses, classroom discipline and attendance. Importance of doing home assignments and use of library for reading habits will be highlighted. In the orientation session for each Faculty lasting for one hour, the parents will be invited to attend / participate, followed by refreshments.
Certificate and Diploma Courses
Market-oriented 6-weeks to 3-months short courses to develop skills required in such disciplines as Industry, Banking, Arts And Design, Cottage Industry, Fishing Industry, Sports (Football, etc), Trade & Commerce, Office-work, Teaching at Pre-School & School level, Hospitality Industry, Computer work and programming, etc will be introduced hopefully from May 16, 2011. Such courses will be open to all age groups and arranged in the evenings and weekends.
Women will be encouraged to participate in the certificate Courses and Diploma Courses.
To encourage education in lower middle class people of the area not only free
Education will be provided but also stipend of Rs. 1000 per month for Certificate
Courses and Rs.2000 per month for degree classes, will be given to poor and needy on
Performance basis i.e. 90% attendance and doing 100% assignments.